Our solid reputation as a leader in our profession is well earned and was built on delivering positive results for almost four decades. CBB’s Business Blog provides Buying a Business Articles that will educate you on the process. Visit our buying a business articles.
While there are a number of ways to find businesses for sale, utilizing the services of a business broker can greatly expedite the process. When selecting a company that specializes in selling businesses, verify the following information which will help ensure that you are properly investing your time and selecting a firm that will help you be successful in buying a business.
- Are they full time business brokers, rather than a firm that handles business sales as a sideline?
- Are they a member of the Texas Association of Business Brokers (TABB) and the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)? As a member of these organizations, brokers are obligated to adhere to practice standards and a code of ethics.
- Ask for references of former clients and customers or obtain a recommendation from other professionals.
Our Affiliations & Credentials
CBB actively supports and is a member of these professional organizations:
- M&A Source – The world’s largest organization of Middle Market Intermediaries
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) – Middle-market mergers and acquisitions
- Texas Association of Business Brokers (TABB) – Founding Member
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) – Founding Member
- Pratt’s Stats Private Transaction Database – Hall Of Fame Member
- Certified Equipment & Machinery Appaisers (CEMA)
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Greater Houston Restaurant Association (GHRA)
- Texas Restaurant Association (TRA)
- National Restaurant Association (NRA)
- Galleria Chamber of Commerce
- Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Katy Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Texas State Licensed Securities Dealer