We are looking for professional individuals.
Helping people sell their businesses and working with entrepreneurs to acquire businesses is an exciting and challenging career. Our sales associates are highly trained professionals. They have many tools and support services provided by CBB to help find motivated Sellers and Buyers. We are always on the lookout for promising candidates to add to our growing team. We are especially interested in talented individuals for our M&A Group.
Certified Business Brokers has specialized in the sale of existing businesses, existing franchises, and the valuation of businesses for almost four decades. Our staff of professional and support personnel have vast experience in working with business owners, entrepreneurs, and those striving to get into business.
We have sold several thousand businesses in every industry sector ranging in value from $100,000 to $40 million. Every month several hundred buyer prospects including corporations, investment firms, and individuals contact us regarding their interest in buying existing businesses. They come to us through our extensive referral base of past satisfied clients, industry suppliers, trade associations, accounting firms, law firms, local and national advertising and our popular web sites where we provide information on businesses currently for sale. Our staff of professional and support personnel have the experience to find qualified buyers and consummate successful transactions.
Our brokerage services include the following:
- Preparation of preliminary presentation materials which are provided to qualified buyer prospects.
- Finding qualified buyers through an aggressive marketing plan that includes contacting our existing database of buyer prospects, subscription-based international databases, direct mail, personal contacts, placement of blind ads in various publications, utilizing our referral network of accountants, attorneys and business contacts, as well as our popular web site.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and tours of the facilities between the principals.
- Negotiating letters of intent and/or earnest money contracts on behalf of our clients.
- Providing follow-up and coordination with the principals and their advisors to ensure a successful conclusion.
The market for selling businesses is vibrant and will remain steady as baby boomers continue to retire over the next 10 years. Texas’ strong economy, the top in the nation, continues to attract buyers of every type from other areas of the U.S. and abroad, making profitable Texas businesses a valuable commodity.
Who are we looking for
There is no specific background or educational achievement that ensures success in business brokerage. In general, persons who have an entrepreneurial nature, have sales experience, have owned their own business, or come from families who have owned their own businesses are good candidates. However, a strong desire to succeed financially, a willingness to learn, and enjoy working with people in a business environment are the primary traits we look for in applicants. As a commission-based independent contractor you will have the freedom to direct your own full time work schedule in conjunction with all the support services provided by CBB. We are currently interested in adding talented individuals who are experienced in a variety of industries or have had M&A experience.
Complete training is provided which includes:
- Contacting business owners and educating them on the process of selling their business
- Properly qualifying buyer prospects
- Analyzing and normalizing financial statements
- Valuation of businesses
- Negotiating skills and techniques
- Completion of forms and contracts
- Goal Setting
- Understanding property leases
- Handling mergers & acquisitions
- Sales and marketing techniques
- Developing your referral network
- Closing documentation requirements
Following the initial training the associate is assigned to a “mentor”, who is a senior team member that will provide hands on experience in dealing with business buyers and sellers. The mentor will assist the new associate in developing goals and implementing a marketing program tailored to the new associate’s experience and training. To ensure the success of the new associate, the mentor will monitor the new associate’s activities for a period of two years, participating in interviews with sellers and buyers, providing assistance in the proper completion of forms and contracts, and providing advice regarding negotiations and techniques for completing successful transactions.
At CBB, we encourage all associates to continue their training by taking courses offered by the Texas Association of Business Brokers and the International Business Brokers Association. We believe that education is not a goal, but rather an ongoing requirement which is necessary to keep CBB on the leading edge of the ever-changing and dynamic industry of business sales and acquisitions.
Your next step
This career is a commission-only 1099 position. For a confidential interview to further discuss the business brokerage industry and your prospects for success, please send your resume by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Certified Business Brokers
12141 Wickchester Lane, Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77079